RSS

A Birthday Surprise


It was July 3, 2009 at 7:00 o'clock in the evening when Mom arrived home with lots of fun and surprises waiting for her...Her best friend Ate Flo went to her office to pick her up. Unfortunately, I was not able to fix things up so I called up Ate Flo and informed her to do something so that Mom will not go home early. I'm glad Ate Flo has a brilliant idea to pretend she was not feeling well. She told Mom she need to rest coz she felt dizzy and can't manage herself to drive Mom home. So, my Mom calmed her up and gave her some drink and let her stay for a while. Mom was so worried about her visitors coz she invited few people from the church. When I texted Ate Flo that everything was fixed, they immediately rushed home. So, I asked somebody to stay at the gate of our house to look over for Mom's arrival and see to it that she will be blindfolded. Mom then entered our house with a blindfold. When we instructed her to take it off, we saw her in big surprise! She cried a lot! This was the first time Mom could celebrate a big party all throughout her life. She can't figure out how much happiness we brought her. Another surprise for Mom was seeing her two grandchildren from Davao City together with her daughter-in-law. Mom shed her tears again and again. I told Mom it's not yet over coz we still have lots of surprises for her. My sister Billie who came home for vacation went out from her room. Mom saw her and cried again coz she never expected her to come. And lastly, my brother Art who travelled from Manila came out and hug Mom. What a lovely surprise... I think this is the only way we could pay her back after all her efforts and sacrifices...

0 comments:

Post a Comment