RSS

THANKS, a simple word that would mean a lot...

It's been a long time since I haven't updated my blog. 'wanna say thank you to elena who inspired me and really make my day. I won't be able to get into this without her help. We've done a lot this afternoon, we made some updates on my blog and as we went through, we encountered new sites (www.foodie blogroll.com and www.halfhour meals.com) which would really fit my blog title, in fact, I signed up on these accounts, it's all about recipes and i love it! It was really amazing to see different food preparations done by international chefs. I learned lot of ideas and techniques on how they really decorated different dishes by merely reading on their blogs and looking into their pictures of recipes. Speaking of food recipes, I wanna share with you my simple experiment which I prepared a while ago...chicken in honey orange sauce topped with dill leaves...Got the idea from my imagination... coz I love experimenting food! thank God I made a perfect dish for our dinner or else... all of us will be starving!

Ingredients:
1 Whole Chicken boil for 5-10minutes
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 pc. onion chopped
1/2 tbsp. chopped ginger
2tbsp. chopped bell pepper(preferably red)
1 tbsp. sliced pickles
1tbsp. coarsely chopped peanuts
dill leaves
honey orange
4tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup of water
1tbsp. red wine
1tbsp. butter
1tbsp. vinegar
1tbsp. brown sugar
1/2tsp. salt
1 cup water
4tbsp. cooking oil

Procedure:

1. Boil chicken whole for 5-8mins. in 6cups water with 1tbsp. red wine, 1tbsp. salt and dash of pepper. Drain chicken and set aside.

2. Heat butter in a sauce pan, saute' garlic until golden brown then add onion, ginger, bell pepper.

3. Add dissolved cornstarch, 1 cup water, soy sauce, salt, sugar, vinegar & honey orange

4. Cook until the sauce is slightly thick then set aside

5. Fry chicken in a non-stick pan for 3mins. with 4tbsp. of cooking oil then pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer it for 10mins in a low fire add pickles, peanuts and top with dill leaves.






2 comments:

chow and chatter said...

yummy chicken, and nice blog will be come often Rebecca

joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment